The State Government through the Department of Sport and Recreation is a major supporter of the City of Wanneroo's KidSport Program in Western Australia. Sport and recreation builds stronger, healthier, happier and safer communities.
KidSport will make it possible for Western Australian children to participate in community sport and recreation, no matter their financial circumstances. KidSport will allow eligible youth aged 5-18 years to apply for financial assistance to contribute towards club fees. The fees will go directly to the registered KidSport clubs participating in the project through their participating local government.
What are the eligible criteria?
- Applicant must be aged 5-18 years
- Applicant must have a Health Care Card or Pension Concession Card or be referred by a 'recognised' referral agent
- Applicant's primary place of residence must be in the local government area they are applying to (exceptions may apply)
- It is preferred that applicants register with a club that is in their local government area (exceptions may apply)
- Funding will cover the cost of fees to join the nominated sport or recreation club (this may include other related costs as identified by the club.)
- Maximum of up to $200 per child per calendar year.
- Fees are only for the nominated registered season.
- No retrospective fees will be paid (exceptions may apply).
- No limitation to applications per family as long as criteria is met.
2014 Club Registration
Eligible clubs need to register with their local government each year to receive KidSport payments. This process has now gone online via the ClubsOnline Find a Club website (this is an external website). Please see the document below on how to register.
For further details regarding KidSport please contract the City's Club Development Officer:
Tel: 9405 5668 Email: email@example.com