Events on 17th Oct 2017
Events for 17th Oct 2017
Showing 1 to 2 of 2 events.
Alan Muller - Perth 360. A Retrospective of Paintings 1997 - 2017
- Date: 16th September 2017 - 18th October 2017
- Every day
- Location: Wanneroo Gallery, Wanneroo Library & Cultural Centre, 3 Rocca Way, Wanneroo
- Time: 10:00 - 16:00
- Cost: FREE
Known for his highly detailed and intricate paintings in acrylic, Alan's work depicts aspects of coastal suburban living, often in a humorous way.
The great urban expansion of Perth, the annual rubbish collection, graffiti, car burnouts and the burning of untrimmed palm trees are just some of a range of local themes.
More recent paintings of the Swan River and surrounding land as Whadjuk country, before English settlement in 1829, acknowledge Whadjuk traditional ownership and skilled land management on a vast scale. Alan is a renowned and unique artist, who will be presenting 60 paintings that have been inspired by Perth, the Swan River and its ancient history.
Image credit: Derbarl Yerrigan Swan River 1 2012, Acrylic on canvas 1.2m x 1.2m by Alan Muller
Introduction to Mandala Drawing
- Date: 11th October 2017 - 25th October 2017
- Every day
- Location: Girrawheen Library, 6 Patrick Court, Girrawheen
- Time: 13:30 - 15:00
- Cost: FREE but registration essential
Mandala drawing is a simple yet highly effective and relaxing form of design making.
Each design is an individual expression of yourself. Elsa Smith will facilitate these workshops. All materials supplied.
- 11 October - Introduction to Mandala Drawing
- 18 October - Collage Mandala with Beautiful Paper
- 25 October - Group Flower Mandala
FREE event - Bookings essential
Enquiries 9342 8844