The City of Wanneroo is pleased to announce the development of a new bicycle plan to deliver the vision of transforming The City to a more bicycle-friendly environment that better caters for cyclists of all types. To view the plan please click below:
The City’s aim is to create a cycle friendly environment that is desirable, accessible and attractive to a variety of users and provides a credible alternative to vehicle use for 0 - 10km trips.
The Wanneroo Cycle Plan also seeks to create a connected network for commuter cyclists that links regional and district facilities internal and external to the City.
There are significant benefits that can be achieved through increased levels of cycling that apply to both individuals and the broader community, including:
- Reduced congestion on the road network
- Improved health and fitness
- Energy efficiency and less use of petrol and fossil fuels
- Cost savings to Governments
- Less cost to individuals
- Improved accessibility to activities by people of all ages