Advocacy - Roads
The North-West Sub-Region is lacking critical north-south and east-west freight transport routes. These routes are required to stimulate and activate Neerabup and Wangara Industrial Areas and provide greater access to major activity centres (Joondalup, Wanneroo and Yanchep) and major freight transport routes (Great Northern Highway, Perth-Darwin Highway, Mitchell Freeway).
The major freight routes, including upgrades required are:
- Future East Wanneroo Road (from Gnangara Road to Old Yanchep Road)
- Neaves Road upgrade to primary regional road
- Gnangara Road upgrade to primary regional road
- Dualling of Wanneroo Road from Joondalup Drive to Hester Avenue
- Grade separation of Wanneroo Road and Ocean Reef Road
- Grade separation of Wanneroo Road and Joondalup Drive
- Mitchell Freeway extension from Hester Avenue to Yanchep
More information can be downloaded by clicking below:
The WA State and Federal Governments must fund and deliver major regional road transport infrastructures in the North-West Sub-Region.