Senior Smart Travel Program
The City of Wanneroo, in partnership with the Public Transport Authority, the City of Joondalup & the City of Stirling will be running a Senior Smart Travel Program and we are looking for 30 volunteers of any age and 30 seniors over the age of 65 who would like to be involved in this exciting program.
This interactive four week program will involve:
A one day workshop for the Senior Smart Travel Program volunteers which will engage, train and educate them on how to navigate their way around the public transport system as well as demonstrate how to support and educate seniors to be able to do the same.
Matched volunteers and seniors will meet, get to know one another and plan their travel journey together.
Navigate the public transport system together.
All the volunteers and seniors meet and discuss their journey’s with each other.
Please contact Louise for more details on 9405 5600 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org if this FREE training program interests you as a volunteer and you:
- have some experience using public transport
- are physically mobile and able to walk between 500m to 1km
- able to use a computer or mobile device
- are available once a week for four weeks commencing Wednesday 8 November 2017
OR you are a senior over the age of 65 who would like to be involved in this exciting project and you:
- are physically mobile and able to walk between 500m - 1km
- are willing to buddy up with a volunteer and learn how to navigate the public transport system
- are available once a week for three weeks commencing the week of the 13 November 2017
Please note, a FREE Smart Travel card will be issued for use during the project.