Food Trucks - Mobile Food Vendor Information
From Two Rocks to Koondoola, The City of Wanneroo offers some fantastic trading sites for food trucks to operate at.
To learn more about how you can participate in or coordinate a Food Truck event, please download the Food Truck Program Guidelines, or view the FAQs below.
Food truck event season will commence in spring 2019, and typically runs during the warmer spring/summer months (between September/October and April/May). Starting with the 2019/20 food truck season, City of Wanneroo will begin accepting food truck event notifications throughout the year.
The available trading locations for food truck events are:
- Alexander Heights - Paloma Park
- Banksia Grove - Peridot Park
- Butler - Kingsbridge Park
- Girrawheen - Liddell Park
- Hocking - Amery Park
- Kingsway - Kingsway
- Koondoola - Shelvock Park
- Koondoola - Butterworth Park
- Landsdale - Warradale Park
- Two Rocks - Charnwood
- Wanneroo - Wanneroo Skate Park
Additional food truck events may occur in new and developing housing estates.
If you are interested in running a food truck event at one of the approved trading locations, you can express your interest and make bookings via the City’s Community Event process.
From July 2019, the process for coordinating a food truck event is the same as that for any other community member wanting to run an event. This means there is now opportunity for multiple operators to run events, allowing greater flexibility in what local food truck events look like, and involving less administration time for the operator.
The City is committed to continually reviewing its operations to identify how it can improve. As a result, it was found that some simple changes to the food truck event process could result in a better experience for food truck event operators, food truck vendors and community members. This now allows:
- Multiple organisations to coordinate food truck events.
- Applications to coordinate a food truck event to be submitted at any time throughout the year.
- A more efficient and orderly process.
- Greater flexibility in how each food truck event is run.
- More variety and choice for the community.
All food truck events in the City of Wanneroo are coordinated by independent operators. To get involved in these events, you will need to get in touch with your preferred operator. As of November 2019, the following operators have registered to coordinate food truck events: