Smart Cities Masterclass – 1 June 2017
The Smart Cities Masterclass, run by Adam Beck (founding Executive Director of Smart Cities Council Australia New Zealand), looked look at what can be done to create and enable smart cities and explored how to leverage capacity-building and knowledge sharing to accelerate sustainable outcomes via the adoption of technology, data-driven decision-making and intelligent design.
- Smare Cities Readiness Guide
- Strategic Futures & Opportunities - Jim Singleton
- Connect Wanneroo: People at our Future - Janet Takarangi
Wanneroo Jobs Summit - 28 & 29 November 2016
Thank you to everyone who attended the Jobs Summit, we are excited about our future and the commitment and enthusiasm of all participants to collaborate on innovative ideas and opportunities to maximise the potential of our region.
The City of Wanneroo’s Jobs Summit (28-29 November) gathered innovative thinkers including world-renowned transport expert, Professor Robert Cervero, to tackle the need for 100,000 new local jobs to cater for our rapidly growing population.
The two days were a major success with over 200 participants from the private and public sectors, entrepreneurs, social enterprises and developers attending to work through critical questions on seven theme areas:
- Land use planning
- Connected infrastructure
- Research and innovation
- Back to basics (social enterprise development)
- Funding instruments
- Role of government
Please see below for our brochures outlining what's happened and where to from here, outlining key messages and outcomes.
- Transportation Infrastructure, Sustainable Development & Economic Growth Lessons for Wanneroo - Professor Robert Cervero
- Smart Cities: A Framework for Unlocking Growth & Prosperity - Adam Beck, Executive Director, Smart Cities Council
- Megatrends - Jim Singleton, City of Wanneroo
- Wanneroo Labour Market, Peter Kramer, Department of Employment
- Wanneroo Jobs Summit Next Steps - What's Happened & Where to From Here