Hazardous Waste Disposal
Hazardous Waste Disposal Program
Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) includes unwanted household products that contain chemicals or substances that can be harmful to you, your family, your pets, or the environment.
How can HHW be harmful?
- Cause poisoning or severe burns if swallowed, inhaled or contacts skin
- React with other chemicals or heat and cause fire or toxic fumes
- Leak on the ground and contaminate the soil or groundwater
- Injure waste collectors if HHW is placed in household bins or out for verge collections
- Pollute the environment if it ends up in a landfill
The Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Program
The HHW Program provides 13 facilities in WA for the public to safely drop off their hazardous materials for free.
Download the program brochure below for further information on what can be disposed of through the HHW program, and drop-off locations.
Click on the button below for information on asbestos and how you can dispose of it for free at the Tamala Park facility.