The City of Wanneroo provides a fortnightly kerbside recycling service for yellow lid bins.
A weekend drop off service is also available at the Greens Recycling Facility in Wangara.
- Clean glass bottles and jars (please remove lids then place into recycling bin)
- All clean paper - newspaper, magazines, junk mail, office paper, clean food bags, yellow/white page (not bundled)
- Cardboard, clean pizza boxes, egg boxes, toilet roll tubes, cereal boxes, beer/drink cartons
- Paperboard cartons, juice cartons, milk cartons - rinsed and flattened
- Plastic bottles - milk, cordial, ice-cream, yoghurt, margarine, health supplements, cleaning products, hygiene products (rinsed with lids removed) then place lids into recycling bin separately
- Aluminium cans, clean foil and pie/takeaway trays (rinsed)
- Steel food and pet food cans (rinsed), empty aerosols, paint cans (cleaned and dried)
Place the following items next to your yellow lid bin:
- Car batteries
- Used engine oil (up to five litres - in original container ONLY)
- Gas bottles
- Plastic bags
- Bubble wrap
- Planks of wood
- Grass clippings/green waste
- Electrical items, phones, computers
- Ceramic plates, cups etc.
- Food scraps
Recycling our resources
To see what the process is for items picked up in our yellow top recycling bins click below: