Domestic waste bins (green top bin)
The City provides our residents with a weekly domestic waste collection service. The waste from your green top domestic waste bin is taken to the Resource Recovery Facility (RRF) in Neerabup, where an industrial composting process turns your waste into a soil conditioner. Waste that can’t be composted is sent to landfill.
Domestic bin Collection Days
You can search for your domestic bin collection day by entering your full address into our Near Me feature. Click below:
Recycling bins (yellow top bins)
Residents also have a yellow top recycling bin for the collection of recyclable packaging and other materials. The things in your yellow top recycling bin are taken to a Material Recovery Facility (MRF), operated by a private contractor. The materials are separated into different types. Recyclables are then sent away to be reprocessed and recycled.
Click below to find your recycling bin collection day:
Bin collection frequently asked questions
How do I need to put my bin out for collection?
Please follow the guidelines below to allow us to collect your bins.
- Place your bins next to the kerb by 6.00am on the day of your collection
- Wheels of the bin must face your property
- Keep the weight of your bin less than 70kg
- Make sure your bin closes to reduce litter
- Return bins to your property as soon as possible
- Keep laneways clear of cars so that the City’s trucks can access and empty your bins
- Place your bin clear of obstacles like parked cars, trees and fences.
Please note, only City of Wanneroo bins will be collected.
What can I put in my bins?
It is important to dispose of your household waste items correctly. Download our bin guides to help you put the right thing in the right bin.
For a more comprehensive list of how to dispose of your waste, visit our A-Z Waste & Recycling list by clicking below, or contact 9405 5000 for further information.