Safety and security services
The City of Wanneroo Ranger Patrols can assist with abandoned vehicles, noise complaints, CCTV, littering and illegal dumping, street and verge parking and unauthorised signs.
Telephone: 9405 5000 (during office hours)
After hours: 1300 138 393
CCTV Monitoring & Registration (Blue Iris), WA Police
CCTV footage is an invaluable tool for investigators and your help is sought to find out where these CCTV systems are located.
Western Australia Police has established a register of CCTV systems within the state. Registration details will be held centrally in a protected database and will be used to map the location of CCTV systems for use by police investigators.
Online registration is open to any owner of a CCTV system. WA Police is particularly interested in CCTV systems that view streets and public space, including foyers, entrances, parks and public infrastructure.
Safety advice for businesses
Consider the following safety precautions for your business:
- Ensure gates in the perimeter fence are able to be secured.
- Identify potential hiding spots.
- Secure bins in or away from buildings to stop them being used as a climbing aid and to discourage arson.
- Fit each door with at least one good quality lock to restrict access.
- Install security lighting outside your premises, for examples, floodlights, sensor activated lighting.
- Install and use a security alarm.
- Install and use CCTV equipment.
A Business Security Audit is available to assist in assessing the security of businesses.
Information about workplace safety is available on the WA State Government business information website.
Workplace safety posters are available for purchase from the Safety Poster Shop.