Calling for Community Representatives - City of Wanneroo Disability Access & Inclusion Reference Group
The City of Wanneroo is seeking interest for its Disability Access and Inclusion Reference Group. The group will support, provide advice and implement actions, where appropriate, on issues pertaining to making the City of Wanneroo more accessible and inclusive to people with a disability and carers of those living with a disability.
The group will have the opportunity to:
- Provide advice on the development and review of the City’s Access and Inclusion Plan (AIP);
- Guide the City by identifying ideas and opportunities to support the achievement of the actions outlined in the AIP;
- Broadly engage and communicate the views of people with disability and carers of people with disability residing within the City of Wanneroo;
- Comment on disability issues and opportunities within the City; and
- Provide advice regarding strategies for the City's effective engagement and collaboration with community, including advice on inclusion practices.
To nominate your interest you will need to have a demonstrated interest in making the City more accessible and inclusive with regards to:
- People with a disability who live in the City of Wanneroo; and/or
- Carers of people with a disability who live in the City of Wanneroo.
Nominations are also open to those that represent agencies who provide support to people with disability and/or carers of people with a disability.
The nomination form is available by clicking below. This should be completed and returned by 4:00pm on Friday 27 October 2017.
Completed nomination forms and all enquiries should be directed to:
Doug Middlemass, Diversity Officer - Inclusion and CaLD
Email: email@example.com or mail; Locked Bag 1, Wanneroo WA 6946 or phone; 9405 5338.