Good news projects
The City is very pleased with the announcement from the new WA State Government that the rail line will be built to Yanchep under the Metronet plan expected in 2021.
There has been a lot of good news recently over the last few months including:
- The opening of the Mitchell Freeway extension to Hester Avenue
- The completed widening of Marmion Avenue from Lukin Drive to Butler Boulevard
- Planned widening of Marmion Ave from Santorini Promenade to Yanchep Beach Road (pending approval at August 23 Ordinary Council Meeting).
- The announced widening of Wanneroo Road
- The Wanneroo Road and Ocean Reef Road Interchange
The Wanneroo Road and Ocean Reef Road Interchange project is funded by the Commonwealth and State Governments as part of a $2.3 billion investment in road and rail infrastructure, announced by Premier Mark McGowan on 7 May 2017.
- The Wanneroo Road and Joondalup Drive Interchange