Prohibited Burning Period from Monday 18 November 2019
The City’s Chief Bush Fire Control Officer has varied the Prohibited Burning Period to commence from 12:01am Monday 18 November 2019 to 31 March 2020 inclusive.
Nominations open for 2020 Australia Day Awards
Published Thursday, 24th October 2019
Do you know someone who works hard for the community in the City of Wanneroo? Say thank you by nominating them for an Australia Day Award.
The City’s annual Australia Day Awards recognise individuals and organisations that have made an outstanding contribution to the local community.
Award recipients will be announced at the City of Wanneroo’s special Citizenship Ceremony on 26 January 2020.
There are four award categories:
- Charles Searson Australia Day Youth Award (for an individual under 25 years).
- Australia Day Award (for an individual over 25 years).
- Australia Day Community Group or Event award (for an outstanding local community group or event).
- Senior of the Year Award (for an individual over 65 years).
Mayor Tracey Roberts said there were many deserving members in the community.
“In previous years I have been honoured to present Australia Day Awards to some extraordinary people,” Mayor Roberts said.
“Past Winners have come from diverse backgrounds and have contributed in different ways, but they have all had one thing in common – their unwavering community spirit.”
Recipients must be residents of the City of Wanneroo, or have coordinated a community event within the City, or be members of a community group whose principal activities are conducted within the City of Wanneroo.
A judging panel will assess nominees for their leadership qualities, activity, and commitment and contribution to the local community.
Nomination forms can be submitted:
- Online form.
- By mail – City of Wanneroo, Australia Day Awards, Locked Bag 1 Wanneroo WA 6946.
- In person – City of Wanneroo Civic Centre, 23 Dundebar Road, Wanneroo.
More articles in the news archive.