Published Monday, 17th October 2016
City of Wanneroo staff and local businesses have gone head to head in the City’s 2016 Corporate Charity Golf Day, raising an incredible $26,850 for charity.
Eighteen teams competed in Thursday’s event at Carramar Golf Course to raise money for YouthCARE, a charity which provides chaplaincy services at public secondary schools in the City. Staff played at Marangaroo Golf Course a day earlier.
The annual event has been running since 2001, raising more than $550,000 in the past 15 years for YouthCARE.
YouthCARE offers social, emotional and spiritual support to thousands of students, staff and family members in Western Australian public school communities each year.
The City would like to thank all sponsors for their generous contributions:
• Banksia Grove Development,
• Cossill & Webley Consulting Engineers,
• Kerb Direct,
• Mindarie Marina
• Mindarie Regional Council,
• Peet Ltd,
• Roads 2000,
• Satterley Property Group,
• Turf Care
• Woodsome Management Pty Ltd (the Alkimos/Eglinton land owners),
• Yanchep Beach Joint Venture
The City also thanks the following businesses for their generous donations:
• Estates Development Company
• Komatsu Australia
• Major Motors
• McLeods Barristers
• Wanneroo Business Association
• Trinity Meats
More articles in the news archive.