DATE PENDING: Wanneroo Road & Joondalup Drive Interchange - Intersection closure
Published Friday, 14th June 2019
Due to continual rains, the Wanneroo Road and Joondalup Drive intersection will no longer be closed 21-24 June 2019 for construction works.
PLEASE NOTE THIS INFORMATION IS PROVIDED BY MAINROADS WA
Being able to complete the final road works in time for the intersection closure date is weather dependent, making it difficult to accurately confirm the closure date weeks in advance.
Therefore, Main Roads WA will confirm the intersection closure date five days in advance (on the Monday before the intersection will be closed). The date will be communicated via the electronic boards close to the intersection, Main Roads website, social media and electronic updates.
Final construction works before intersection closure
The project team is ready to start the final construction works required before the weekend intersection closure, but is waiting for dry weather.
These final steps and the time required for each step includes:
- Step 1 – Minimum four to five consecutive days for current works to dry
- Step 1 – Primer: minimum three days to complete and dry
- Step 2 – Seal: minimum two days to complete
- Step 3 – Asphalt: minimum two days to complete
- Step 4 - Line marking: minimum one day to complete
Any rain in between these steps may also impact time delays
Out of Hours work
Some out of hours works will be required to ensure the intersection is ready for the closure works as well as prepare for the next stage of works. Out of hours works may be undertaken during the following times:
- 8am to 5pm - Sundays 16 and 30 June, 7 and 14 July
- 7pm to 5am – Monday 24 June to Friday 28 June 2019
- 7pm Friday 28 June to 5am Monday 1 July 2019 (possible closure weekend)
- 7pm to 5am – Monday 1 July to Saturday 6 July 2019
- 7pm to 5am – Monday 8 July to Saturday 13 July 2019
Changes for road users and pedestrians during weekend intersection closure
- Detours will be in place to direct traffic around the intersection
- There will be minor changes to cyclist and pedestrian detours through the area.
- Works will be undertaken 24/7 - starting 8pm Friday finishing Monday 5am.
- Bus routes 390T, 390F, 391T, 391F, 467T and 468T will be impacted by the weekend closure. More information is available by visiting https://project.mainroads.wa.gov.au/home/ or https://www.transperth.wa.gov.au/.
- Access to Drovers business precinct will be via Joondalup Drive or Wanneroo Road, but egress will only be provided to the west along Joondalup Drive.
- Right turn access between Joondalup Drive and St Stephens Crescent will be closed permanently. This change is necessary for safety reasons.
More articles in the news archive.