Prescribed burn - Doogarch Park Carabooda. Saturday 24 April at 8am.
The City’s Volunteer Bush Fire Brigade will be undertaking a prescribed burn at Doogarch Park, Carabooda on Saturday, 24 April 2021 at approximately 8am (weather permitting).
Online forms: Connected Communities Application Form
To support local activities and initiatives which take an innovative approach to reconnecting people within their community as COVID-19 social restrictions are eased. The focus of these grants is to help build positive connections in local areas and support physical, mental and social wellbeing of residents.
Examples of what the City might fund:
- Community activities/initiatives that can be delivered in compliance with COVID-19 restrictions (e.g. physical distancing) at the time of delivery.
- Innovative ways to encourage community interaction, connection and participation during the pandemic period, particularly by vulnerable residents.
- Hosting online events, place-making, story-telling and creative expression.
Funding applications will be capped at a maximum of $1,000.
How do I know if I’m eligible?
Before starting your application, please read through this information carefully to ensure you are eligible to apply and are able to provide the required supporting evidence.
This fund is available to:
- Incorporated and insured City of Wanneroo community groups and organisations
- Incorporated and insured community groups and organisations with a primary interest in the City of Wanneroo
- Charitable organisations
- Aboriginal corporations
- Unincorporated City of Wanneroo community groups auspiced by a trusted eligible group/organisation
- Unincorporated City of Wanneroo community groups who:
- Can demonstrate the ability to deliver the proposed activity
- Can purchase adequate insurance cover for the proposed activity
- Have a current bank account in the name of the community group.
When can I apply?
Applications are open from 24 July and close 30 September 2020.
If you are successful in your application, you will be notified by the City within two weeks.
How do I apply?
Prospective applicants should contact the City’s Community Development Team on 9405 5600 to discuss their proposal prior to submitting an applicatio
The following mandatory documents must be included with your application:
- Certificate of Incorporation (if applicable)
- Public Liability Certificate of Currency (if applicable)
- Quotes for items that you are requesting the City to fund
Applications will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Builds positive connections and increases participation in community activities in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Demonstrates an innovative approach to reconnecting community members during the pandemic period.
- Complies with Australian and State Government COVID-19 regulations and restrictions.
- Is available free of charge to City of Wanneroo residents.
What happens if my funding application is successful?
If your application is successful you will be required to:
- Sign a Funding Agreement with the City of Wanneroo
- Acknowledge the City of Wanneroo as a supporter of the initiative
- Provide financial documentation including a tax invoice (if GST registered) or invoice if not GST registered
- Report back to the City on the funded initiative outcomes within six (6) weeks of completion