Prescribed burn - Doogarch Park Carabooda. Saturday 24 April at 8am.
The City’s Volunteer Bush Fire Brigade will be undertaking a prescribed burn at Doogarch Park, Carabooda on Saturday, 24 April 2021 at approximately 8am (weather permitting).
Online forms: Essential Services Application Form
To respond to hardship being experienced by the local community as a result of COVID-19, through the continuation or expansion of existing essential services for vulnerable City of Wanneroo residents.
The City will continue to monitor the overall community service needs of its residents as a result of COVID-19 and funding will be prioritised based on service gaps and demands.
Examples of what the City might fund:
- Programs, initiatives, services and activities that can be delivered in compliance with COVID-19 restrictions (e.g. physical distancing) and enable the group/organisation to continue servicing vulnerable City residents.
- Purchasing equipment and supplies to enable adapted program or activity delivery to meet COVID-19 requirements.
- Assisting with expenses for additional resourcing in order to continue service delivery where there is an identified community need and gap in existing services.
- Programs that are not funded by Commonwealth and/or State funding.
Funding applications will be capped at $5,000.
How do I know if I’m eligible?
Before starting your application, please read through this information carefully to ensure you are eligible to apply and are able to provide the required supporting evidence.
This fund is available to:
Established organisations currently delivering essential services to City of Wanneroo residents or organisations that can demonstrate the ability and need to deliver essential services to City of Wanneroo residents for the COVID-19 Response and Recovery period as follows:
- Not-for-profit service providers;
- Incorporated associations;
- Aboriginal Corporations; or
- Charitable organisations
When can I apply?
Applications are open from 27 July 2020.
If you are successful in your application, you will be notified by the City within two weeks.
How do I apply?
- Prospective applicants should contact the City’s Community Development Team on 9405 5600 or email@example.com to discuss their proposal prior to submitting an application.
- The ‘Supporting essential service demands’ application form can be completed on the City’s website.
The following mandatory documents must be included with your application:
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Public Liability Certificate of Currency
- Evidence that your organisation supports the project and approves an application for community funding from the City.
- Details of how the funding will be spent (i.e. existing funding income, expenditure and proposed budget.
Applications will be assessed against the following criteria:
- The applicant must be an established provider, with extensive experience in delivering the service/initiative.
- A need and/or increase in demand for service/initiative (particularly by vulnerable residents) can be demonstrated by the applicant and the City.
- The service/initiative will comply with Australian and State Government COVID-19 regulations and restrictions.
- The period of support requested from the City is in line with the City’s Emergency Recovery Plan (until 30 June 2021) and subject to availability of funds.
- The applicant can demonstrate organisational capacity and resourcing to deliver the service/initiative.
- The applicant can demonstrate that their existing funding for this service/initiative does not meet the level of demand.
- The applicant can demonstrate that the service/initiative is available free of charge to City of Wanneroo residents.
What happens if my funding application is successful?
If your application is successful, you will be required to:
- Sign a Funding Agreement with the City of Wanneroo
- Acknowledge the City of Wanneroo as a supporter of the service/initiative
- Provide financial documentation including a tax invoice (if GST registered) or invoice if not GST registered
- Promote the City’s support on any promotional and/or marketing material produced in relation to the purpose of the funding.
- Report back to the City on the funded service/initiative outcomes within six (6) weeks of completion.