How to use your three bin system
When do I put each bin out?
- General waste will still be collected weekly.
- Recycling and garden organics (GO) will be collected on alternative weeks.
What goes in each bin?
Red lid general waste bin
Food organics such as:
- Food waste
- Fruit and vegetable scraps
General rubbish items including:
- Animal waste
- Hygiene products
- Tissues and paper towels
- Meat trays
- Bottle lids
- Bagged shredded paper
- Soiled paper products
Yellow lid recycling bin
Loose recyclable packaging materials such as:
- Clean paper (not shredded)
- Flattened cardboard
- Clean aluminium and steel cans
- Plastic bottles and containers with lids off (please place plastic lids in the general waste bin, or save to donate to programs that accept these).
Lime-green lid garden organics (GO) bin
Loose garden organic waste such as:
- Lawn clippings
- Small branches (branches to be a metre or less in length, and a maximum of 6cm in diameter/thickness).
- Leaves and flowers
- Tree cuttings
- Sticks and twigs.
Properties remaining on the two bin system can place garden organic material in their general waste bin.