In celebration of National Recycling Week in November, we’re giving local kids the chance to put on their thinking caps and come up with some fun and original names for each of the eight new recycling trucks arriving early next year. The lucky winners will have their chosen name printed on a recycling truck and will also receive a special prize.
To enter, let us know what you would name one of our recycling trucks and why, and also share your family’s best recycling tip.
Submit your entry by completing the online entry form below or pick up an entry form at any City of Wanneroo library or the Wanneroo Civic Centre on Dundebar Road, Wanneroo (entry forms available from 6 November).
Alternatively download the entry form and colouring-in picture below, and simply hand in to any City of Wanneroo library, or the Wanneroo Civic Centre on Dundebar Road in Wanneroo.
The competition commences 6 November 2021 and closes 13 December 2021.
Terms and conditions of the competition are available below.
- This Competition is a promotion run by the City of Wanneroo ("Promoter") ABN 64 295 981 165
- Entries and information on Prizes and how to enter form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- Participation in this Competition constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. In particular, the entrant agrees that they have their parent’s or legal guardian’s consent to enter the Competition and that the parent or guardian accepts and agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry to this Competition is open only to City of Wanneroo residents
- To be eligible, applicants must be aged 18 years and under.
- The competition commences 12am AWST (Australian Western Standard Time) on Saturday 6 November 2021 and closes 5pm AWST (Australian Western Standard Time) on Monday 13 December 2021 (“Competition Period”).
- Applications must be received on or before Monday 13 December 2021 to be eligible.
- To enter the competition, an entrant must complete an entry form available from any City of Wanneroo Library, the City of Wanneroo Civic Centre, or online at www.wanneroo.wa.gov.au/nameatruck.
- Entries can be submitted online or at any of these locations (for printed entry forms).
- Entries will only be eligible if all parts of the entry form are completed.
- Participants may submit multiple entries.
- Up to eight (8) winners will be selected from the eligible entries received (“Winners”)
- The winner will be judged according to the quality and creativity of their written submission on the entry form.
- The Promoter's decision in relation to all aspects of this Competition is final and binding on all who enter and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Winners will each receive:
- Their submitted name being printed on a City of Wanneroo waste truck
- A recycled plastic toy truck (valued at $20).
- Winners may also be provided with the opportunity to meet the new recycling fleet, on a future date to be determined by the Promotor.
- All entries must be an independent creation by the entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any third party rights.
- Prizes are not refundable or redeemable for cash.
- Prize components may alter at the discretion of the Promoter.
- Prizes are subject to availability and all other relevant Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter will not be liable for any costs associated with claiming a Prize.
- Winners will be notified by telephone within eight (8) weeks of the Competition closing date. If a Winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, the Promotor reserves the right to withdraw the prize.
- By accepting the Prize, the Winner and by extension the Winner’s parent or legal guardian consents to Promoter using photographs and/or video taken by authorised City photographers.
- Photographs and/or video may be used for promotional and related purposes in media including, but not limited to, City publications, internet site or on the City’s social media platforms.
- Copyright over the photographs and/or video remains with the Promoter.
- The Winner’s first name and suburb may be shared in media and marketing material associated with the Competition.
- Entrants agree to give the Promotor perpetual rights and ownership to use the truck name and recycling tips provided on the entrant’s entry form in promotional materials, with and without credit.
- The information that entrants provide will be used by the Promoter for the purpose of conducting the Competition. By entering this Competition entrants consent to the use of their contact details for the purposes described in these Terms and Conditions.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following:
- any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
- any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
- any entry or Prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
- any variation in Prize value to that stated in these conditions of entry;
- any tax liability incurred by a Winner or entrant;
- participation in the Competition; and/or
- redemption of the Prize, and
- The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this Competition, or for any technical error that may occur in the course of the administration of this Competition. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.