Prohibited Burning Period extended
The City of Wanneroo has extended its Prohibited Burning Period until Tuesday 21 April 2020.Further information
Important dates for burning
- NO RESTRICTIONS - 1 JUNE to 31 AUGUST ANNUALLY (No permit required)
- RESTRICTED BURNING - 1 SEPTEMBER to 30 NOVEMBER ANNUALLY (Permit required)
- PROHIBITED PERIOD - 1 DECEMBER to 14 April INCLUSIVE, DAYS WHERE A FIRE BAN IS IN PLACE, FIRE DANGER RATING OF 'HIGH' OR ABOVE (No burning. Permits will not be issued)
- RESTRICTED BURNING - 14 APRIL to 31 MAY ANNUALLY (Permit required)
PROHIBITED BURNING PERIODS
1 December to 31 March (subject to change)
ALL burning is prohibited during this period including burning garden waste or lighting fires in the open air for the purpose of camping or cooking.
RESTRICTED BURNING PERIODS
1 April to 31 May and 1 September to 30 November (subject to change)
- Permits are required during these periods.
- Permits to burn may be obtained from:
City of Wanneroo Civic Centre, 23 Dundebar Road, Wanneroo.
The City's Permit Issuing Officers are available to issue permits Monday to Friday from 9am - 4pm.
The City of Wanneroo may need to vary burning periods due to weather conditions. Period variations will be advertised on the City website, Facebook page and through the City's SMS notification service.
Burning garden refuse
Burning can be undertaken WITH A PERMIT from 1 April to 31 May and 1 September to 30 November each year. Permit conditions apply and failure to comply may result in a fine or court action.
Garden refuse that is no more than 1 metre wide and 1 metre high may be burnt WITHOUT A PERMIT from 1 April to 31 May, and 1 September to 30 November each year, ensuring the following criteria is met:
- The material must be on the ground, and be no more 1 metre wide and 1 metre high.
- The fire is lit between 6pm and 11pm and is completely extinguished before midnight on the same day.
- Follow guidelines detailed in the Fire and Burning booklet.