COVID-19 business approval services
At the City, we’re taking a flexible approach to helping business and will relax enforcement of various conditions of approval for the foreseeable future. We’re providing detailed pre-lodgement advice and fast-tracked approvals for businesses affected by COVID-19 or businesses seeking to undertake development in response to the pandemic.
For existing businesses, we will:
- Not take enforcement action relating to operating hours, delivery, waste collection and staff numbers against businesses providing necessary services to the community.
- Not require development approval for businesses needing to change the way they provide their service, (for example a restaurant converting to a take-away food outlet).
- Only take enforcement action for matters that present an imminent public, environmental, health or safety risk.
- Make dedicated officers available to talk with business operators who have any questions about what they are wanting to do.
If you are establishing a new business, we will:
- Make dedicated officers available to provide advice, information and to process applications;
- Provide detailed pre-lodgement assessment and advice.
- Prioritise applications and expedite processing timeframes where work needs to commence urgently.
If you are the operator of a restaurant/café and want to start outdoor (alfresco) dining on the footpath outside your business:
- Due to Covid-19, there are current exemptions from planning approval in most cases which allow you to operate during the state of emergency and continue to do so for up to 90 days after the end.
- Planning approval will not be required for alfresco dining on private property or on the footpath as patron numbers are limited to 20.
- The City will still however require businesses to obtain an Outdoor Dining Permit to utilise the public foot path for alfresco dining under the City of Wanneroo Public Places and Local Government Property Local Law 2015.