Wangara Greens Recycling Facility
The Weekend Greens Recycling Facility in Wangara accepts clean green waste from the public and creates mulch for resale. 100% of the Green Waste is recovered, with no residual waste going to landfill.
Access to the site is free with a valid 'Greenwaste Tipping Voucher'.
- Four Greenwaste Tipping Vouchers are included with your annual rates notice.
- Tennants can contact their landlord or property manager to obtain their vouchers.
- Each voucher allows the disposal of a standard 6x4 trailer-load of clean greens at no charge.
Entry fees without a valid Greenwaste Tipping Voucher
- $20 for a car
- $34.50 for a ute
- $34.50 for a car and trailer up to half a tonne
- Trucks - $90 per tonne
Correct cash payment is required as EFTPOS is not available
- Any contaminated loads will be refused upon inspection at entry.
- No boxes or bags of waste.
- Containers, boxes or bags of green waste must be emptied and removed from the site.
- No sand, soil, rocks, building materials, bricks or turf.
- No processed timber, sleepers or bamboo screens.
- Branches no longer than 1.5 metres.
- No large tree stumps (guideline is that a stump must be lifted by two people to shoulder height).
Purchase of mulch
Mulching your garden lowers evaporation and water requirements, aids water dispersal and can help to reduce weeds.
- Two free mulch vouchers are included with your annual rates notice.
- You can purchase mulch without a valid mulch voucher - $31.50 per cubic metre.
Note: all trailer loads must be tarped when travelling.
The following items can be dropped off, free of charge, on weekends and public holidays:
- Batteries (household and car).
- CFL (compact fluorescent light) globes.
- Bulk cardboard.
- Used motor oil.
- Mobile phones.
- Printer ink cartridges.
Check our A to Z Waste and Recycling list for any items you are unsure of.
Weekends and Public Holidays - 8:00am to 4:45pm
Weekdays, Good Friday, Christmas Day, New Year's Day
Address 70 Motivation Drive, Wangara