The Prepare Together Project aims to improve the long-term resilience of our community to natural hazards including bushfires, storms and other major emergencies.
The consequences of natural disasters can range from water contamination and road closures through to the loss of personal items and homes, injury and even death. However, there are steps that people can take to prepare for potential emergencies and reduce the impacts of disasters.
The Prepare Together Project provides residents with information and resources to better understand potential risks and weather forecasts, access up-to-date alerts and warnings, and prepare household emergency plans and kits.
Prepare Together information sessions for residents and community groups are held at various locations throughout the City. Discussion topics include:
- Risks within the City of Wanneroo
- How many natural hazards are becoming more frequent and intense
- How to prepare your property and home for a fire
- Understanding alerts and warnings
- Where to get information before, during and after an emergency
- The importance of preparing household emergency plans, and including pets and animals in those plans
- Preparing a household emergency kit.
Dates and locations
- Butler Community Centre, 55 Kingsbridge Blvd, Butler // Tuesday 6 June 2023 // 6pm to 7:30pm
- Girrawheen Hub, 11 Patrick Ct, Girrawheen // Thursday 15 June 2023 // 10am to 11:30am
- Wanneroo Recreation Centre, 275 Scenic Dr, Wanneroo // Tuesday 5 September 2023 // 6pm to 7:30pm
- Phil Renkin Community Centre, 59 Lisford Ave, Two Rocks // Tuesday 19 September // 6pm to 7:30pm
Are you prepared?
Complete a short survey to gain an understanding of how prepared you are, and to let us know how we can support you.
For more information about the Prepare Together project, please contact the City's Community Safety and Emergency Management team on 9405 5000.