Schools who are part of the ‘Your Move’ program (run by the Department of Transport) with the City of Wanneroo are able to apply for $200 Kickstarter Grant towards hosting a National Walk Safely to School Day Healthy Breakfast on 19 May 2023.
Walking or riding to school reduces traffic congestion, reduces greenhouse gas emissions and improves health and wellbeing. The City aims to inspire long-term change by supporting these initiatives encouraging students and their families to get active and walk to school.
Eligible expense items
- Related equipment hire e.g. BBQ
- Applications will only be approved for schools within the City of Wanneroo
- The school must be signed up to Your Move to be eligible for this funding
- If schools wish to sign up to Your Move, they may contact the Road Safety and Active Transport Officer at the City of Wanneroo on 08 9405 5379
- Applications must be made by an authorised member of the schools P&C
- Breakfast must be held on Friday 19 May 2023
- Breakfast must be free for the participants
- Applicants must demonstrate adequate insurance
If your application is approved, you will be required to provide photographs showing the event in action, a brief report and receipts to show funding was spent on the eligible expense items before receiving your payment.
Applications closed on Friday 28 April 2023, with successful applicants notified by Friday 5 May 2023. Once this funding has been exhausted no further funding will be available.
For more information or to sign up to Your Move, please contact the City's Traffic Services Team on 9405 5379 or by emailing email@example.com