Prescribed burn - Doogarch Park Carabooda. Saturday 24 April at 8am.
The City’s Volunteer Bush Fire Brigade will be undertaking a prescribed burn at Doogarch Park, Carabooda on Saturday, 24 April 2021 at approximately 8am (weather permitting).
Online forms: Sustainable Community Groups and Clubs Application Form
To develop and implement strategies that assist community groups and clubs to recover from the COVID-19 pandemic and build resilience for the future. The focus of this support package is to build the capacity and sustainability of groups and organisations through training, advice and support.
Successful applicants will have the opportunity to obtain assistance from a consultant in order to develop skills in a variety of areas, including but not limited to:
- Membership recruitment and retention
- Volunteer recruitment and retention
- Business/strategic planning
- Grant identification and writing
- Program development/diversification
- Financial planning/management
- Event planning/management
- Acquiring incorporation status
This support package includes a maximum of 5 hours consultancy advice which can be accessed by your group/club prior to 30 June 2021.
Examples of what the City might fund:
- Upskilling and increasing the capacity of committee/board members with appropriate training and professional development.
- Advice on developing strategies which assist members to reconnect with, and/or support each other and the community more broadly.
- Advice on developing strategies which enable the group/organisation to retain or increase their membership base.
- Advice on developing strategies that support group/organisation sustainability through and beyond the COVID-19 recovery period.
How do I know if I’m eligible?
Before starting your application, please read through this information carefully to ensure you are eligible to apply and are able to provide the required supporting evidence.
This fund is available to:
- Incorporated and insured community groups and sporting clubs based in the City of Wanneroo.
- Unincorporated community groups and clubs based in the City of Wanneroo who wish to acquire incorporation and require guidance to complete this process.
When can I apply?
Applications are currently open.
If you are successful in your application, you will be notified by the City within two weeks.
How do I apply?
If you are a community group, please contact the City’s Community Development Team on 9405 5600 to discuss the needs of your group prior to submitting an application.
If you are a sporting club, please contact the City’s Club Development Officer on 9405 5668 to discuss the needs of your club prior to submitting an application.
Applications will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Ability to demonstrate how this support package will enable resilience and sustainability for the group/club through and beyond the COVID-19 recovery period.
- Ability to demonstrate how this support package will assist to build positive connections and increase participation for City of Wanneroo residents.
- Commitment from the group/club to undertaking initiatives which enable ongoing resilience and sustainability as a result of this support package.
What happens if my funding application is successful?
If your application is successful you will be required to:
- Acknowledge the City of Wanneroo as a supporter.
- Complete a short report outlining how your group/club has benefited from the support package and what your group/club intends to implement as a result.