Menu
Language

COVID-19 pandemic information and updates

The City of Wanneroo has launched a dedicated webpage where all the latest information about our facilities, services and events can be found as the COVID-19 situation unfolds. Click here to find out more

Home

Hartman Drive tender awarded

Published Tuesday, 3rd March 2020

Work will soon start on the duplication of one of Madeley’s busiest roads after Wanneroo Council awarded a construction tender at a recent Ordinary Council Meeting.

Hartman Dr duplication
Wanneroo Mayor Tracey Roberts and South Ward Councillors Glynis Parker, Domenic Zappa, Brett Treby and Vinh Nguyen take a look at the plans for Hartman Drive.

The 2km stretch of Hartman Drive between Hepburn Avenue to Gnangara Road will be turned into a four-lane dual carriageway, with upgraded street lighting, drainage, shared footpaths and cycleways.

At a total cost of $4.5 million, completion of the proposed works will include two 3.5 metre lanes in each direction, a raised central median and turning lanes.

Last month, the construction tender was awarded to Western Australia-based civil engineering firm RJ Vincent.

Wanneroo Mayor Tracey Roberts said the upgrades were intended to improve traffic flow and ease congestion during peak times.

“Work can now begin on widening this busy stretch of road in our southern suburbs,” Mayor Roberts said.

“I would like to thank Main Roads WA for contributing $3 million in funding to this project through the Metropolitan Regional Road Group.”

It is anticipated that work will be completed by December 2020.

More articles in the news archive.