The Homestead Day Studio Space is a day residency program to support artists to build a body of work in a comfortable environment, and is situated within the main Mary Lindsay Homestead building, which is a heritage-listed site near Yanchep Lagoon and Mary Lindsay Park. The address is 100 Capricorn Esplanade, Yanchep.
The Homestead Day Studio offers four 3-month artist residencies in 2023:
- January to March
- April to June
- July to September
- October to December.
If you would like to request an alternative for the length of the residency, please contact the Arts Development Officer on 9405 5913 or email Diane.Tweedie@wanneroo.wa.gov.au to discuss.
The space is approximately five metres square and includes:
- reverse cycle air-conditioning
- private toilet facilities
- studio access from 6am to 10pm daily
- full easel and table easel, installation pole, hanging rail with wires and hooks on two walls, two trestles, a chair
- kitchen/cleaning facilities (bar fridge, bin, kettle, microwave, cupboard, door wedge, dustpan and broom, washing machine)
Registrations are now open to individual artists/creatives/writers until 4pm, Monday 19 December 2022.
Please read all the information thoroughly before submitting your application to Diane.Tweedie@wanneroo.wa.gov.au or deliver in person to the Wanneroo Library and Cultural Centre, 3 Rocca Way, Wanneroo. Submitted images should be under 1MB or they may rejected by the City’s portal. You will receive an email confirmation of your ROI being received.
All ROIs will be assessed by a selection panel comprised of both internal staff and independent arts professionals.
Selection criteria for the Registrations of Interest are:
- clear communication of applicant’s creative intent during the residency and the work or concepts intended to be developed during the residency
- previous artwork of the ROI creative
- curriculum vitae.
Successful applicants will be required to:
- spend 20 hours minimum per week pursuing their creative practice in the Homestead Day Studio
- provide current imagery and information to the Arts Development Officer (ADO) for marketing purposes
- be available to be contacted by the ADO during the residency
- consider running workshops for the surrounding community and other groups
- sign off on the venue hire agreement
- pay $100 per month studio hire fee and a $100 bond to Facilities Operations, City of Wanneroo
- be responsible for costs and organisation of insurance of artworks in transit and on display in the Homestead Day Studio as stated in the Studio Agreement.
Please contact Arts Development Officer, Diane Tweedie on 9405 5913 or email Diane.Tweedie@wanneroo.wa.gov.au.