Online payments and services currently unavailable
Please note that our online payments and services are currently unavailable. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Terms and disclaimer
Your privacy is important to the City of Wanneroo. In general, you can visit the City of Wanneroo on the Internet without giving us any personal information about yourself, except where you are specifically asked to provide information, e.g. when downloading tender documents, requesting job packages.
The City of Wanneroo records information regarding the frequency of access to pages and documents downloaded for reporting and maintenance reasons only. This information is not personally identified.
Click below to view further information privacy.
Every effort has been made by the City of Wanneroo to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the information and images on this website. The information and images on this website are subject to change without notice and may be altered from time to time at the City of Wanneroo’s discretion.
The City of Wanneroo disclaims all responsibility or liability for the content of this website or use of or reliance on information displayed on this website, including the accuracy or reliability of any external links or content.
Where appropriate, the City of Wanneroo website contains links to third party websites. When a user clicks on one of these links, the City of Wanneroo accepts no liability for any information or service which may appear on any linked websites or for the privacy practices of these third party websites. It is recommended that users review the privacy policies for any third party websites before deciding whether they wish to proceed.
Social Media Engagement - House Rules
Thank you for taking the time to engage with the City of Wanneroo on social media. Before participating on our channels, please take a moment to read our House Rules.
The City’s social media channels exist to provide information on Council initiatives, events, programs and news.
Social media is used as a tool for the City to engage with the community, serving as a place for discussion and an active exchange of ideas.
We will respond to service enquiries on social media where possible, but we encourage users to contact the City directly via phone or email for specific queries.
We welcome your comments; to ensure that our pages are friendly and welcoming for all visitors, we moderate comments where required.
Comments and messages that don’t adhere to these House Rules may be removed, and users may be blocked.
By interacting with our social media profiles, you agree to adhere to the following:
- agree with the Terms and Conditions of the social media platform, which grants certain rights to that service
- be fair, truthful and accurate
- keep discussion civil and polite
- keep content clean (inappropriate comments, photos or videos including those of a sexual, illegal, abusive and discriminatory nature will be removed)
- be respectful of others, including fellow users, City staff and Councillors
- protect your personal privacy by not including email addresses, phone numbers or home addresses on public platforms
- you grant the City and its affiliates the right to use and post content in any way and in any media without any legal or monetary obligation to the author
- post comments that are abusive, harassing or threaten others, including fellow users, City staff or Councillors
- post comments that are likely to offend others, particularly in reference to an individual’s race, age, gender, sexuality, political leaning, religion or disability
- use obscene or offensive language
- post repeated comments continuously
- post comments that don’t pertain to the subject of the relevant post (if you have an enquiry or comment on a separate issue, please message the page or contact the City directly via phone or email)
- promote anything that may constitute spam, such as commercial interests, solicitations, advertisements or endorsements of any non-governmental agency
- engage in deliberate ‘trolling’
- make comments that spread false information
Enjoy our pages and be courteous
We want everyone to feel safe and welcome on the City of Wanneroo’s social media channels. We welcome your comments and hope you enjoy spending time on our platforms.
The City’s social media channels are monitored during normal business hours, Monday to Friday, 8.30am – 5.00pm.
We do not monitor our accounts 24 hours per day, nor respond to each individual user. We will join the conversation where reasonable and practicable.
Our team reads all public commentary, and any recurring themes or helpful feedback are passed onto the relevant City business area and staff.
Feedback and complaints
Our social media channels are informal. If you would like a formal response from us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 9405 5000.
Alternatively, please visit our compliments, feedback and complaints webpage
If you follow us on an online platform we will not necessarily follow you back. Being followed by the City does not imply endorsement of any kind.
All online content produced by the City is owned by us and protected by copyright. You are encouraged to share the content provided that you credit the City as the source by including our official social media handle for the platform you are sharing on, (see individual channels for details) and do not change the sense or misrepresent the City.
Local Government Elections
Please note that social media channels are City resources and cannot be used to promote/comment on Local Government Elections. Any such comments will be removed.
Changes to our House Rules
The City reserves the right to update these House Rules as required.
The content of the City of Wanneroo website is protected under the Copyright Act 1968.
Subject to any applicable legislation, the information may only be used, copied or otherwise reproduced, distributed, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted by users on the understanding and by the user agreeing that at all times copyright in the material on this site remains with the City of Wanneroo. Where appropriate, users will be required to acknowledge that copyright in the material belongs to the City of Wanneroo.
The City of Wanneroo website has been designed to be accessible to everyone and, wherever possible, to comply with global standards on accessibility.
The City of Wanneroo website has been designed to meet Level AA of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0) standard developed under the Web Accessibility Initiative of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).