Events on 20th Oct 2018
Events for 20th Oct 2018
Showing 1 to 1 of 1 events.
Garage Sale Trail
- Date: 20th October 2018 - 21st October 2018
- Every day
- Location: Various
- Cost: Free registration
Garage Sale Trail, the multi-award winning sustainability and community campaign powered by local councils is back in the City of Wanneroo as a weekend long event on Saturday 20 and Sunday 21 October.
Households, community groups, charities, local businesses and schools in the City of Wanneroo are set to join an estimated 350,000+ Australians as a part of the seventh annual Garage Sale Trail.
Aimed at bringing communities together and promoting reuse, Garage Sale Trail sees more than 150 local councils participate in the Australia-wide initiative each year. In 2017 the event had two primary goals:
- To see 2 million items listed for reuse on one big weekend of garage sales across the country
- To enable 120,000 new neighbourly connections over the weekend long event
Mayor Tracey Roberts has welcomed the involvement of the City of Wanneroo and the unique opportunity to promote reuse in a fun and creative way.
“After winning the ‘best newcomer’ award in 2016, The City of Wanneroo is proud to again be actively involved in bringing this national initiative to our residents.”
“Garage Sale Trail helps people to think about how we can all take responsibility for the waste we create - items we reuse don’t end up in council collections or landfill. It’s also a simple way for people to meet other people in their community and fundraise for a great cause.” Mayor Tracey Roberts said.
The initiative is run by Australian not-for-profit Garage Sale Trail Foundation and aims to create positive social and environmental change in communities across Australia.
Registration is free and now open at garagesaletrail.com.au.
FACTS & FIGURES
- Registration is free at garagesaletrail.com.au
- Host your sale on Saturday 20 October, Sunday 21 October or do both!
- 10,000+ forecast garage sales & stalls nationally
- 350 000+ participants expected nationally