Have your say on the City's community funding opportunities
The City is reviewing the way it distributes funding to community groups and individuals to ensure it is fair, effective, and meets the needs and expectations of residents.
Our aim is to provide better opportunities for individuals, community groups and businesses to receive the City’s support to deliver amazing initiatives and events within their local community.
In this first phase, we would like to hear what you think of our existing community funding opportunities through a community survey, which is open until Wednesday, 26 February.
Launch community survey
See below for background details on the program and ways to have a say.
About the program
Since 2002, groups have been able to apply for grants as part of the City’s Community Funding Program under four categories:
- Community Development– projects and activities that contribute to the growth and enrichment of community life in the City (applications accepted twice a year)
- Community Event– community-based events developed and conducted within the City of Wanneroo (applications accepted twice a year)
- Hallmark Event– events that contribute to the City’s history and identity, for example, to mark ANZAC Day (applications accepted every three years)
- Christmas Community Celebration Event (applications accepted every five years).
The City also regularly provides donations, sponsorships and youth scholarships to individuals and groups through a less formal application process.
We are now reviewing these various programs to ensure they address the needs of our community.
Opportunities to have a say
In addition to the community survey, representatives from relevant community or stakeholder groups are invited have a say through these channels:
- Online comment through the “Shared community comments” section on this page
- Direct feedback to the project manager through the Project Manager online form
- Write to us directly addressing your letter to: Chief Executive Officer, City of Wanneroo Locked Bag 1 WANNEROO WA 6946.