; Hocking - Proposed Child Care Centre - Lot 179 (21) East Road | City of Wanneroo

Hocking - Proposed Child Care Centre - Lot 179 (21) East Road

Community engagement has now closed. Comments were submitted from 03/10/2019 to 24/10/2019.


Proposed Change of Use to Child Care Centre - 21 East Road, Hocking - DA2019/752

Public comment is invited on the above-mentioned application until 24 October 2019. The application proposes a Child Care Centre with the following elements:

  • The removal of 11 existing parking bays leaving a total of 51 to be used between the proposed Child Care Centre and existing Medical Centre;
  • Extensions to the rear portion of the existing building resulting in a minimum 3.0m setback from the northern lot boundary;  
  • The proposed hours of operation from Monday to Friday 6:00am to 7:00pm; 
  • A maximum number of 9 staff members; and
  • A maximum number of 72 children of the following age demographics:
    • 7 places for children aged under 2 years;
    • 7 places for children aged 2-3.5 years;
    • 24 places for children aged 3.5-6;
    • 27 places for children aged 6-10; and 
    • 7 places for children aged 10 and older. 

The applicants have provided an Acoustic Assessment and Traffic Statement prepared by qualified consultants in support of the application. These documents are available below for viewing.


Comments can be emailed to enquiries@wanneroo.wa.gov.au or mailed to the Chief Executive Officer, City of Wanneroo, Locked Bag 1, WANNEROO WA 6946. 

Should you wish to make a submission please state:

  • Your name and address;
  • How your interests are affected; whether as a private citizen, on behalf of a company or other organisation, or as an owner or occupier of property; and
  • Whether your submission is in support of, or objecting to the proposal and provide any arguments supporting your comments

Should you make a submission on a planning proposal, please note that your details may be made public at a Council meeting and included in a Council Agenda, which will be available on the City's website, unless you specifically request otherwise in your submission.