The City has received an application for Approval to Commence Development for the above proposal. The applicant seeks approval for the following:
Retrospective Approval (already constructed) for:
- One building (14 metres x 7 metres with a height of 4 metres) consisting of a single room to be used for mushroom cooling
- One carport (12 metres x 6 metres) used for covered vehicle parking
- One patio (14 metres x 5.8 metres) to provide shelter in front of existing storage areas
- Three patios (3 metres x 3 metres, 6 metres x 3 metres and 9 metres x 3 metres) used as a covered lunch area for employees
Approval (not yet constructed) for:
- One building (22 metres x 43 metres with a height of 4 metres) consisting of six rooms to be used interchangeably for mushroom growing, cooling and storage. With a drive through area connected to an existing building.
The additions will facilitate an increase in the quantity of mushrooms grown from between 8 – 10 tonnes per week to 12 – 15 tonnes per week.
To cater for this additional production, the operation will require one additional delivery of compost per week (currently deliveries are on a Monday and Friday, the additional delivery will be on a Wednesday) and between five to eight additional staff (the operation currently employees between 10 – 15 staff at any one time).
The applicant does not propose to make any changes to the existing hours/days of operation.
Plans of the proposal can be viewed by clicking below.
Comments can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the Chief Executive Officer, City of Wanneroo, Locked Bag 1, WANNEROO WA 6946.
Should you wish to make a submission please state whether it is in support of, or objecting to the proposal and provide any arguments supporting your comments.
Should you make a submission on a planning proposal, please note that your details may be made public at a Council meeting and included in a Council Agenda, which will be available on the City's website, unless you specifically request otherwise in your submission.