Proposed changes to Local Planning Policy 5.3: East Wanneroo
Local Planning Policy 5.3: East Wanneroo (LPP 5.3) was initially prepared in 2014 to provide guidance on the consideration of planning proposals for urban or similar development, and for applications of a rural nature, within the East Wanneroo area.
The East Wanneroo District Structure Plan (EWDSP) was formally released by the Minister for Planning in August 2021. The City is proposing changes to LPP 5.3 to align with the final EWDSP and to clarify its position on consideration of planning proposals prior to finalisation of the district developer contribution plan and relevant amendments under the Metropolitan Region Scheme.
The proposed changes to LPP 5.3 are summarised below:
- Policy provisions updated to reflect the processes outlined in the final East Wanneroo District Structure Plan (EWDSP);
- Inclusion of matters to be considered in the assessment of any applications in the EWDSP area;
- Outlining the process for the informal assessment of local structure plan proposals by the City ahead prior to formal applications being able to be received;
- Requirement for a Sense of Place Statement to be submitted with a local structure plan;
- Includes a list of information to be submitted with applications in the EWDSP area.
The City is seeking feedback from all stakeholders on the proposed changes. All feedback will be considered and provided to Council for its consideration of the final LPP 5.3.
Submit your comments on the proposed changes to LPP 5.3 using the online form below. You can attach additional information (plan, diagrams, photographs etc) via this form.
Please note that for your feedback to be considered, your full contact details must be provided. This information will be treated as confidential and will not be published or linked to your comments in any public report on the outcomes of the consultation. The City will advise you of the progress of this policy using the details you provide.
Online submission form
Would you like to know more ?
We will be hosting two community information sessions, so that you can speak directly with the project team about the proposed changes to LPP 5.3 and the East Wanneroo District Structure Plan more generally. The information sessions will be held at the Pearsall Hocking Community Centre, 125 Willespie Drive, Pearsall on
- Wednesday February 9 from 5.00pm to 8.00pm;
- Thursday February 10 from 5.00pm to 8.00pm.
To attend a drop in session, please register here.
- Community Engagement commences - 20 January 2022
- Community Information Sessions:
Pearsall Hocking Community Centre – Wednesday 9 February 5:00pm – 8.00pm
Pearsall Hocking Community Centre – Thursday 10 February 5:00pm – 8.00pm
- Evaluation of community feedback - March 2022
- Presentation of engagement findings and final LPP 5.3 to Council - April / May 2022 (indicative)
- LPP 5.3 adopted/published - May 2022 (indicative)
East Wanneroo District Structure Plan FAQs
Existing Local Planning Policy 5.3: East Wanneroo