KidSport enables eligible Western Australian children aged 5-18 years to participate in community sport and recreation by offering them financial assistance towards club registration fees, uniforms and equipment. In the 2023/2024 financial year, all eligible children will be able to access a KidSport voucher to the value of $300 which is available from 22 August 2023.
The fees go directly from the local government to the registered KidSport clubs participating in the project.
- Applicant must be aged 5-18 years
- Applicant must have a Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card OR meet one of the four KidSport Financial Exceptions.
- Applicant's primary place of residence must be in the local government area they are applying to
- It is preferred that applicants register with a club that is in their local government area (exceptions may apply)
- Funding will cover the cost of registration fees to join the nominated sport or recreation club. This does not include uniform or equipment fees.
- Two vouchers of up to $150 during the year. The first available from 1 January 2021, with the second becoming available from 1 July 2021..
- Fees are only for the nominated registered season.
- All vouchers will need to be redeemed and actioned within 90 days of approval or they will expire.
- No retrospective fees will be paid (exceptions may apply).
- No limitation to applications per family as long as criteria is met.