; External Anti-Corruption Agencies - Fraud and Misconduct - City of Wanneroo

Fraud and Misconduct

External Anti-Corruption Agencies

Persons (individuals) wishing to report suspected minor or serious misconduct under the Corruption, Crime and Misconduct Act 2003 (CCM Act) are encouraged to read the following.

The Corruption, Crime and Misconduct Act 2003 (CCM Act) provides for the establishment and operation of a Corruption and Crime Commission with functions with respect to serious misconduct by public officers, police misconduct and organised crime; and confers on the Public Sector Commissioner functions with respect to minor misconduct by public officers.

One of the purposes of the CCM Act is to continuously improve the integrity of, and reduce the incidence of misconduct in, public authorities.

Further information is available by clicking below:

Public Sector Commission  (PSC)

The PSC deals with all matters relating to minor misconduct. They prefer for all authorities and individuals is to receive allegations electronically via PSC’s online form. This helps the PSC to capture the information they need in your own words and assists in quick processing.  The PSC does however suggest that the public call their Advisory service on 08 6552 8888 and speak with a consultant before reporting a matter of minor misconduct.Alternatively, matters can be lodged by:

Email: minormisconduct@psc.wa.gov.au
Post: Locked Bag 3002, WEST PERTH WA 6872

Corruption and Crime Commission (CCC)

The CCC is responsible for receiving complaints relating to serious misconduct.  Anyone can report suspected serious misconduct by Western Australian public officers to the CCC. For information about how to make a report and the subsequent process involved visit the Reporting Corruption area of the CCC website.

You are able to make an anonymous report of Serious Misconduct online, however anonymous reports are often difficult to assess.

If you have information that could be useful to the CCC, you can also contact a confidential phone line Toll Free on 1800 803 186.

How to lodge a report:

Online: Report Serious Misconduct Online
Email: info@ccc.wa.gov.au
Toll Free Phone: 1800 809 000
Telephone: (08) 9215 4888
Fax: (08) 9215 4884
In person: 186 St Georges Terrace, Perth WA

Ombudsman Western Australia

The Ombudsman is an independent officer of Parliament with responsibility to investigate the actions of public authorities including State Government departments, prisons, hospitals, schools and technical colleges, local governments and public universities.

Further information can be found at the Ombudsman website by clicking below.

Ombudsmans Western Australia website