; Gaming Permit (Section 55 Certificate) - Gaming Permits (Section 55 Certificates) - City of Wanneroo

COVID-19 recovery information and updates

The City of Wanneroo is reopening a number of community services and facilities in line with Phase 4 of the State Government's COVID-19 Roadmap to Recovery. Click here to find out more


Gaming Permits (Section 55 Certificates)

Gaming Permit (Section 55 Certificate)

Gaming and Wagering Commission Act 1987

The Gaming and Wagering Act 1987 consolidates the law relating to minor gaming in Western Australia and provides the opportunity for clubs and charities to raise funds through lotteries, bingo, two-up and gaming events.

What is a Section 55 Certificate? - Local Planning Authority

A Gaming Permit from the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries is required to be obtained for the act of gaming from a premises.

Section 55 of the Gaming and Wagering Act 1987 requires a certificate from the local authority be obtained (by the applicant) prior to applying for a Gaming Permit. The purpose of a Section 55 Certificate is to confirm that the proposed use of premises does not contravene any Town Planning or Environmental Health legislation.

How do I apply for a Section 55 Certificate?

To obtain a Section 55 Certificate, applicants must submit the following information to the City of Wanneroo:

  • Completed City of Wanneroo Section 55 Certificate Application Form; *
  • Completed Approval of Premises Application Form - Section 55 (a Gaming and Wagering Commission WA form); *
  • Application Fee for Section 55 Certificate (Refer to Planning Fee Schedule);
  • Detailed Site Plan (to scale) clearly identifying the location of premises to be licensed; and
  • Detailed Internal Floor Plan, highlighting the specific area/s where the gaming activity will take place (eg. Main Hall, Dining Room etc)

* If you opt to lodge your application online via the below link, these application forms are not required.

Lodgement Options

You can lodge an application via our Online Lodgement Service.

In Person
You can lodge an application over the counter at the City of Wanneroo Civic Centre located at 23 Dundebar Road, Wanneroo during business hours of Monday-Friday 8.30am - 5.00pm.

By Post
You can lodge an application via post to:
City of Wanneroo
Locked Bag 1

Applicants should ensure that requests for Section 55 Certificates are lodged promptly to ensure that the City has sufficient time to process the application. To assist with timely processing of applications, applicants should ensure that all application forms, fees, supporting documentation are submitted at the time of lodgement.

In line with the City's recordkeeping requirements, please ensure that the information included on this form is accurate and complete form before submitting with the City as the form and any supporting documents will not be returned. The City accepts no responsibility for any lose, damage, liability or inconvenience suffered by any person as a result of using the form or lodging the form with the City.

Where can I find out more information about Gaming Permits?
Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries
Phone: (08) 6551 4888
Free Call: 1800 634 541 (WA country callers only)
Website: https://www.dlgsc.wa.gov.au/racing-gaming-and-liquor