The City of Wanneroo Design Review Panel (DRP) is responsible for providing the City with a range of expert advice on urban design, architecture, landscape design and sustainability aspects of proposals.
The DRP performs an advisory function only. Although the DRP does not have decision-making powers, its advice will be taken into consideration in the planning assessment and conveyed to the decision-makers once a formal application for Development Approval is lodged.
The DRP reviews proposals and provides advice against the relevant planning framework and the 11 principles of good design outlined in Local Planning Policy 4.23 Design Review Panel.
Design review offers applicants the chance to seek technical feedback and resolve complex issues to achieve the best possible design outcome, before lodgement of an application for development approval.
Design Review Panel members
The DRP will draw from a pool of eight external professionals, including a Chairperson and seven fellow DRP members. DRP members are appointed by the Director Planning and Sustainability, in accordance with the Design Review Panel Terms of Reference.
The current DRP members are:
- Dominic Snellgrove (Chair) - Architect
- Philip Griffiths - Architect
- David O’Brien - Architect
- Hans Oerlemans - Urban Designer and Landscape Architect
- Simon Venturi - Architect
- Nerida Moredoundt - Architect
- Tony Blackwell - Landscape Architect and Urban Designer
- Munira Mackay - Urban Designer
Which developments are referred to the Design Review Panel?
- Developments of more than two multiple dwellings;
- Developments of more than 10 grouped dwellings;
- Development that is three or more storeys in height;
- Joint Development Assessment Panel (JDAP) proposals;
- Major extensions or amendments to the above proposals; and
- Development which requires a landmark features.
For further information on the types of development which are referred to the DRP, please see Local Planning Policy 4.23 Design Review Panel.
The Design Review process
- If you are unsure whether your development proposal needs review by the DRP, please feel free to call the Planning Services team on 9405 5000.
- Read the Guide to Presenting to the Design Review Panel for an overview of the process and application requirements;
- Complete the Design Review Panel Lodgement Checklist, ensuring that all items listed are ready to be attached to your application;
- Lodge a Design Review Panel Application;
- Development reviewed by DRP and feedback provided to applicant;
- Apply for development approval.
Please submit your DRP applications to Approval Services 10 working days prior to the date of the DRP meeting.
These meetings are closed to the public and are held at the City of Wanneroo Civic Centre each month, as detailed below:
|Applications received by||Date of Meeting|
|14 January 2021||28 January 2021|
|11 February 2021||25 February 2021|
|11 March 2021||25 March 2021|
|8 April 2021||22 April 2021|
|13 May 2021||27 May 2021|
|10 June 2021||24 June 2021|
|8 July 2021||22 July 2021|
|12 August 2021||26 August 2021|
|9 September 2021||23 September 2021|
|14 October 2021||28 October 2021|
|11 November 2021||25 November 2021|
|2 December 2021||16 December 2021|
Please note meeting dates are indicative only and are subject to changes.