Atlantis Marine Park
Atlantis Marine Park was a popular water and wildlife theme park in Two Rocks in the 1980s, featuring performing seals, dolphins, water slides, an oceanarium and swimming pools.
Access to the site is prohibited, however the King Neptune statue is visible from the road, and some of the Park's other sculptures are now located in the adjoining shopping centre and in the grounds of the nearby Club Capricorn.
Atlantis Marine Park, Enterprise Avenue Two Rocks.
Leeman's Landing Monument
This monument marks the landing site of Abraham Leeman van Santwits, who came onshore in 1658 looking for survivors of the Dutch shipwreck the Vergulde Draeck.
The monument is located at an ocean lookout point on Marcon Street, Two Rocks with a car park and public toilets nearby.
Lime Kilns – Emerald Reserve
The Emerald Reserve Lime Kiln site was operational from 1939 to the late 1960s. This is the only known lime-burning site in WA which also has the remains of the associated workers' settlement and was owned by the Yanchep Lime Company.
The site is located in a bushland reserve at Emerald Park, (31 Emerald Drive, Carabooda). The remains of the adjacent workers' settlement are not currently accessible to the public because of contamination with asbestos. The kilns are accessible via a pedestrian track and can be viewed from the enclosing timber and wire fence.
Lime Kilns – Kiln Road
The Kiln Road Lime Kiln site was operational from the 1930s to 1985. The site includes a group of three lime kilns within an area of natural bushland.
The site is located off Kiln Road, (115 Kiln Road, Carabooda). The kilns are visible from the roadside and a timber wire fence encloses two of the kilns.
Cooper's Lime Kilns
Cooper's Lime Kilns were established in 1932 by Henry Cooper and his sons, and played an integral role in supplying lime to Kalgoorlie's gold mining industry for more than 10 years.
These kilns are situated in a suburban park and are easily accessible for public viewing (Cooper's Park, Fairport Vista, Mindarie).
Perry's Paddock is named after John (Jack) Perry who bred racehorses and held race meets on his property at the site. The ruins that are still visible are the remains of his old stables and homestead.
Perry's Paddock is part of the Yellagonga Regional Park, with many walking and cycle paths that are open all year round to visitors (Ocean Reef Road, Woodvale).
Yanchep National Park
Yanchep National Park is a popular tourist attraction and wildlife reserve. The park contains the famous Yanchep Caves, heritage listed buildings including the Yanchep Inn and Gloucester Lodge, as well as lakes and native animal enclosures.
Yanchep National Park is managed by the Department of Parks of Wildlife. The Park is open all year round. Entry fees apply.
Wanneroo Road, Yanchep.
Mary Lindsay Homestead
Mary Lindsay Homestead was the home of the Honourable Mary Lindsay, a minor autocrat, who bought 23,000 acres of land in Two Rocks in the 1920s.
While access to the house on Capricorn Esplanade, Yanchep is prohibited, the house can be viewed from the top of the road.
Yellagonga Regional Park
Surrounding the shores of Lake Joondalup, this park is named after a Whadjuk Noongar elder and leader of the Aboriginal community in the area.
The park has many scenic walks and recreational areas which are accessible all year round.
The Wanneroo Showgrounds were originally managed by the Wanneroo Agricultural Society, who held their first annual Agricultural Show in 1909. Although the management of the showgrounds was transferred to the Wanneroo Council in 1948, the Agricultural Society still hold their annual Show on the site today.
Free public access to the Showgrounds is available all year round expect during events.
Wanneroo Road, Wanneroo.
Wanneroo War Memorial
The war memorial is the fourth site of the Wanneroo War Memorial. The three Bennett brothers from Lake Pinjar are included amongst the nine local men killed during World War One and the three local men killed in World War Two.
The War Memorial is accessible all year round.
Memorial Park, Sinagra Street, Wanneroo