; Club governance - City of Wanneroo

Local Government Elections 2021 - candidate profiles

To view the profiles of candidates for the upcoming Local Government Election, please visit the Candidate Profiles webpage


Club governance

Find a club

The City's Community Group Directory is used by community members to find details about your club. This is another opportunity to attract players to your club. Please visit this page and check your details are correct.

Community Directory

Becoming incorporated

The City recommends that clubs become incorporated. Incorporating establishes an organisation as separate legal entity, which allows your association to:

  • Gain benefits for limited liability
  • Apply for Government grants
  • Enter into enforceable contracts
  • Buy and sell property
  • Continue regardless of changes to membership
  • Accept gifts & bequests

For more information visit the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety (DMIRS) website.

DMIRS website

Creating a constitution

Information on how to write a constitution for your club can be found on the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety website or the Australian Sports Commission website.

Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety website

Australian Sports Commission website

Liquor Licences

Racing, Gaming and Liquor (RGL) issue liquor licences for clubs. You will need to obtain a letter of support from the City before you apply for a licence direct with RGL. The City has a legal obligation to report any unauthorised sale of alcohol within its facilities. For more information visit the Liquor Licensing website.

Liquor Licensing website

Working with children

The Working with Children Check is a criminal record check required for those who work with children in Western Australia. Click below for more information.

Working with children check