Homelessness and Hardship - I need support
Click below to view a variety of resources to assist those at risk of, or experiencing homelessness and hardship.
24 hour support services
A number of phone numbers for support and help.
Accommodation and housing support
Information on emergency/temporary accommodation and housing.
- Crisis Care assists with finding urgent accommodation, counselling, support for those escaping domestic violence or with concerns about the wellbeing of a child. For further information contact 1800 199 008
- Entry Point can assess individual circumstances. They can provide information and referrals to specialist homelessness services and other accommodation or support options. For further information contact 1800 124 684
- Youth Futures provides a variety of support to help young people. Services include crisis accommodation, transitional and longer-term accommodation, and support for teenage parents who are homeless or living in unsuitable conditions and are consequently at risk of losing custody of their child. For emergency accommodation phone 9307 4520 and 9300 2677 for all other referrals.
Hotels, motels, hostels and caravan and camping parks are available in the local community and can be found through an internet search. Vacation rentals and homestay accommodations can also be explored. Other alternatives worth looking into include house sharing, house sitting (including pet sitting) and working homestays all of which can also be found online.
- Australian Red Cross provides Private Tenancy Support for those at risk of losing their private rental housing. Contact 1800 733 276 for more information.
- Circle Green Community Legal (previously Tenancy WA) provides legal services to residential tenants, and offers advice about navigating court processes and negotiation. For further information contact 6148 3636
- Consumer Protection has a range of resources to help tenants with renting matters, tenancy issues and advice on the housing options for seniors.
- Keystart can provide affordable pathways into home ownership through lower entry cost loans, low deposit and shared ownership loan options in partnership with the Housing Authority.
- The Home Hub connects people to social and affordable housing.
- The Housing Authority provides plenty of information to help with public, community and low cost housing, along with rentals and bond assistance for eligible applicants.
Information on charity groups and food distribution organisations.
For two decades the Mayor’s Christmas Appeal has been helping people who are going through tough times have a brighter Christmas by providing local families with hampers made up of donated goods. Through the generosity of local schools, community groups, businesses and residents - the City is able to distribute hampers to a large number of families with the assistance of various charitable organisations.
The City of Wanneroo supports the Food Relief Collaboration Group which was created in 2020 to improve the delivery of food relief across the local area. Find where and when local charity groups and food distribution organisations are providing relief in your area by contacting those listed on the City’s Support Services Guide, the Homelessness and Hardship Services Directory, or on WAConnect.
Free financial advice information.
The City of Wanneroo is partnering with Communicare to deliver free financial advice in Wanneroo. Please note sessions are available by appointment only, to book please contact email@example.com
Financial counsellors can provide information, support, advocacy and offer hardship advice. For further information visit the Financial Counsellors website to find a service near you.
- Christians Against Poverty (CAP) offers free, face-to-face debt counselling to anyone in need. CAP empowers individuals to get out of debt and learn valuable budgeting skills. For further information contact 1300 227 000
- Moneysmart offers helpful advice, tools and information to assist in making sensible financial decisions.
- National Debt Helpline provides information, strategies and guidance to assist those experiencing debt stress. For further information contact 1800 007 007
Information on legal advice available throughout the City of Wanneroo.
Legal Aid’s virtual office is available at Clarkson Library every Thursday. They provide legal advice appointments with a lawyer by working through audio-visual technology; covering civil law, criminal law and family law matters. For further information or to secure an appointment contact Legal Aid on 9261 6376
Support and information for victims of domestic violence.
In the event of an emergency, or if you or someone you know is in immediate danger, contact the WA Police Force on 000
If it is not an emergency and you require support, information can be obtained from the following support services, 24 hours a day, seven days a week:
- 1800RESPECT National Sexual Assault Domestic Family Violence Counselling Service provides telephone and online counselling and a referral service. For further information contact 1800 737 732
- Escabags escape bags are free tote bags filled with the necessities that a victim of abuse and his/her children may need when initially escaping a dangerous or abusive situation. Available at all City of Wanneroo Libraries and the Hepburn Centre in Marangaroo.
- Men's Domestic Violence Helpline provides counselling and referrals for male perpetrators and male victims. For further information Contact 9223 1199 or free call 1800 000 599
- Women's Domestic Violence Helpline provides support and counselling (including referrals to women’s refuges). For further information contact 9223 1188 or free call 1800 007 339
Other directories providing help and information.
- AskIzzy - find the help you need, now and nearby
- LGBTIQ+ Directory has homelessness support services that are LGBTIQ+ community friendly.
- WAConnect is an online directory for services provided in Western Australia. It contains real time search results of emergency relief services, with phone numbers, operating hours, and directions on the services available.