KidSport enables eligible Western Australian children aged 5-18 years to participate in community sport and recreation by offering them financial assistance towards club registration fees. In 2021, all eligible children will be able to access two KidSport vouchers to the value of $150 each. The first is available from 1 January 2021, with the second becoming available from 1 July 2021.
The fees go directly from the local government to the registered KidSport clubs participating in the project.
- Applicant must be aged 5-18 years
- Applicant must have a Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card OR meet one of the four KidSport Financial Exceptions.
- Applicant's primary place of residence must be in the local government area they are applying to
- It is preferred that applicants register with a club that is in their local government area (exceptions may apply)
- Funding will cover the cost of registration fees to join the nominated sport or recreation club. This does not include uniform or equipment fees.
- Two vouchers of up to $150 during the year. The first available from 1 January 2021, with the second becoming available from 1 July 2021..
- Fees are only for the nominated registered season.
- All vouchers will need to be redeemed and actioned within 90 days of approval or they will expire.
- No retrospective fees will be paid (exceptions may apply).
- No limitation to applications per family as long as criteria is met.
For further details regarding KidSport please contact the City's KidSport Officer:
Ph: 9405 5672
For KidSport invoice and system issues please contact the KidSport team:
Ph: 9492 9911