KidSport allows eligible children aged 5-18 years to participate in community sport and recreation, no matter their financial circumstances, by applying for financial assistance to contribue towards club fees. All fees go directly to the registered KidSport clubs participating in the project through their participating local government.
- Applicant must be aged 5-18 years
- Applicant must have a Health Care Card or Pension Concession card, or be referred by a recognised referral agent
- Applicant's primary place of residence must be in the local government area they are applying to (exceptions may apply)
- It is preferred that applicants register with a club that is in their local government area (exceptions may apply)
- Funding will cover the cost of fees to join the nominated sport or recreation club (this may include other related costs as identified by the club).
- Maximum of up to $200 per child per calendar year.
- Fees are only for the nominated registered season.
- No retrospective fees will be paid (exceptions may apply).
- No limitation to applications per family as long as criteria is met.
Eligible clubs need to register with their local government each year to receive KidSport payments using the ClubsOnline Find a Club website.
For further details regarding KidSport please contract the City's Club Development Officer: