For cat and new dog registration the microchip number must be completed for the registration form to be processed.
- Unsterilised dog registration - $50 per year, $120 for three years or $250 for lifetime registration.
- Sterilised dog registration - $20 per year, $42.50 for three years or $100 for lifetime registration.
- Cat registration - $20 per year, $42.50 for three years or $100 for lifetime registration.
- All dogs over the age of three months must be registered, and wear both a registration tag and disc showing the owner’s name and address. Owners of unregistered dogs can incur a $200 on the spot fine.
- The dog registration period is from 1 November to 31 October.
- Dog registration renewals are forwarded to registered dog owners in October each year.
- 1 year and 3 year dog registrations expire 31 October regardless of the month your dog is registered (any new annual dog registrations purchased from the 1 June to 31 October, the fee payable to the City is half the normal price as the registration will expire on the 31 October of that same year).
The City must be notified about any change of address or dog ownership so registration records can be kept up to date.