Calendar Photo Competition 2019 - FAQs
When can I enter the competition?
Entries open at 8am, Monday 6 August and close at 5pm, Monday 10 September 2018. Photos received outside of this date range will not be considered.
Are their competition terms and conditions?
Yes, all entrants must read and accept the City of Wanneroo 2018/19 Calendar Photo Competition Terms and Conditions to be eligible.
Is there a fee and who can enter?
There is no fee to enter the competition.
Do I have to live in the City of Wanneroo?
No, entrants do not have to be a resident of the City of Wanneroo, however the photographs do need to be taken within the City of Wanneroo and must include a description saying where the photo was taken.
What are the judges looking for?
- An image that is uniquely and identifiably ‘Wanneroo’ and captures the local environment and lifestyle across a range of experiences including nature, history, outback, adventure, beach and local produce.
- Any tourism icons or local businesses.
- Creativity, something eye-catching or that something special!
- A technically good image (light, focus, composition etc.)
How many photos can I submit?
Entrants can submit as many photos as they like using the online form.
Entrants submitting multiple photos are eligible to feature up to three (3) times in the Calendar. Entrants with multiple winning entries are only eligible for one prize.
Can I submit a photo with people in it?
Yes, however if the entry contains people, each person must sign the model release form.
Do I need to submit a model release form?
If your photograph contains people and is shortlisted as a finalist then you will need to submit a model release form for each person in the photo. If the person is under the age of 18 a parent or guardian is required to sign the model release form on their behalf.
What are the prizes?
Along with having their photograph(s) featured in the City’s 2019 calendar, entrant’s with one or more winning photographs will receive a ‘Family Event Season Pass’ giving them exclusive, priority access to the ticketed events within the City of Wanneroo’s 2018/19 event season; consisting of:
- 2 x adult and 2 x children tickets to Global Beats & Eats
- 2 x adult and 2 x children tickets to City of Wanneroo Presents Concert
- 2 x adult and 2 x children tickets to three (3) movie screenings at Live in the Amphitheatre.
When will I hear if I have won?
The judging process will take place during September 2018 and winners will be informed by email or phone as soon as possible.