The City has received an application for a Aged/ Dependent Persons Dwelling (15 Units) at 37 Frederick Street, Wanneroo.
The proposal is for a total of 15 'Aged and Dependent Persons Dwellings'. These are houses which are accommodated for residents who are aged 55 years or over or for residents with a recognized form of disability requiring special accommodation for independent living or special care. The dwellings have been designed in accordance with the requirements of the City's Local Planning Policy 4.20 Split Coded Areas, the State Planning Policy 3.1 - Residential Design Codes and against the Australian Standards AS4299-1995 - Adaptable Housing which relates to specific building elements for Aged and Dependent Persons Dwellings.
In addition to the above, the application proposes the following elements:
- A total of 15 single story two bedroom and two bathroom dwellings with 10 units accessible via Frederick Street (Units #1-10) and 5 units (Units #11-15) accessible from Yallambee Crescent;
- A single garage to accommodate for one car parking space per unit with two marked visitor parking bays available from Frederick Street. To note, Units #11-15 cab provide a second car parking bay within their retrospective driveway areas to accommodate for visitors; and
- A 1.2m wide pedestrian path from Frederick Street which runs along the common driveway to Unit 10.
Comments can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the Chief Executive Officer, City of Wanneroo, Locked Bag 1, WANNEROO WA 6946.
Should you wish to make a submission please state:
- Your name and address;
- How your interests are affected; whether as a private citizen, on behalf of a company or other organisation, or as an owner or occupier of property; and
- Whether your submission is in support of, or objecting to the proposal and provide any arguments supporting your comments
Should you make a submission on this planning proposal, please note that your details may be made public at a Council meeting and included in a Council Agenda, which will be available on the City's website, unless you specifically request otherwise in your submission.