Proposed Patio Addition - Lot 1226 (62) Broadside Avenue, Eglinton - DA2019/503
Public comment is invited on the above-mentioned proposal until 30 May 2019.
The applicant is seeking a variation to the ‘deemed-to-comply provisions’ of the State Planning Policy 3.1 - Residential Design Codes (R-Codes) in regards to the following:
- Clause 5.1.3 – Lot Boundary Setbacks: Proposed patio roof set back 0.5m to the south- western side boundary in lieu of the required 1m.
- Clause 5.1.3 – Lot Boundary Setbacks: Proposed patio roof set back 0.5m to the south-western rear boundary in lieu of the required 1m.
The City is able to support the proposal, including the above variation, provided that the following Design Principles of Clause 5.1.3 – Lot Boundary Setbacks of the R-Codes are satisfied, which are as follows:
P3.1 Buildings set back from lot boundaries or adjacent buildings on the same lot so as to:
- reduce impacts of building bulk on adjoining properties;
- provide adequate direct sun and ventilation to the building and open spaces on the site and adjoining properties; and
- minimise the extent of overlooking and resultant loss of privacy on adjoining properties.
Comments can be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to the Chief Executive Officer, City of Wanneroo, Locked Bag 1, WANNEROO WA 6946.
Should you wish to make a submission please state:
Your name and address;
- How your interests are affected; whether as a private citizen, on behalf of a company or other organisation, or as an owner or occupier of property; and
- Whether your submission is in support of, or objecting to the proposal and provide any arguments supporting your comments
Should you make a submission on a planning proposal, please note that your details may be made public at a Council meeting and included in a Council Agenda, which will be available on the City's website, unless you specifically request otherwise in your submission.