As part of the 2020/21 Capital Works Program the City of Wanneroo will shortly begin constructing the new Halesworth Park Sporting facilities.
The City has received advice that the clearing permit has been approved, and Council approved the tender for the civil constructions at its meeting on 2 June, 2020.
The facilities at Halesworth Park shall include:
- 2 x multi-use turf ovals;
- Sports Amenities Building to service the turf ovals, with a publicly accessible universal access toilet;
- 8 x multi-use hardcourts (Tennis/Netball);
- Sports Amenities Building to service the hardcourts;
- Sports floodlighting to service both the turf ovals and hardcourts compliant with AS2560 and AS4282; and
- Associated infrastructure such as paths, car parking and a playground.
Construction will start from June 29, 2020 with the South Oval scheduled to be ready in early 2021.
Should you have any questions please contact the Community Facilities Planning Team.