; What approvals do I need? - Change of use - City of Wanneroo

COVID-19 recovery information and updates

With the announcement of the State Government’s plan to move into Phase 3 of its COVID-19 recovery roadmap, City services and facilities are currently being reviewed for reopening in early June 2020. Click here to find out more


What approvals do I need? - Change of use

Description A change of use refers to any modification made to the approved land use for a particular site, or specific tenancy or unit.
An example would be from a 'shop' to a 'restaurant'.
Do I need approval?


A planning approval is always required for a change of use.
Please note: A planning approval should be obtained prior to submitting for a building permit.


A building permit may be required for a change of use.

What do I need to submit?


Please refer to the City's DA Checklist - Change of Use for a complete list of the information required to submit this application.


Certified Applications accepted only

  • Completed Application for Building Permit - BA1 form
  • Completed Certificate of Design Compliance
  • Relevant Fees
  • Minimum 1 x copy of all technical documents noted on the Certificate of Design Compliance
  • Notice and request for consent for encroachment or adversely affect (if required) - BA20 form
  • Prior development approval
  • Septic tank approval (if required)


Related documents