Girrawheen Hub Precinct Needs and Feasibility Assessment
In April 2021, the City began investigations to determine if the Girrawheen Hub Precinct is meeting the needs of user groups and other stakeholders. We see great potential in the precinct’s three existing facilities - Girrawheen Library, Girrawheen Koondoola Senior Citizens Centre and the Hub - and would like to create a shared vision for its future in collaboration with our community.
Between April and June 2021, the community was invited to complete a survey on how the Girrawheen Hub Precinct is currently used and to help identify future needs.
The feedback we received via the survey has now been incorporated into the next phase of the project, the Master Plan. The City has engaged an external consultant to develop concept designs for the facility. This will build on the previous engagement, as well as incorporate feedback received from upcoming community workshops. The next workshop is scheduled for January 2022.
When the feedback from the community engagement has been reviewed and a needs assessment has been carried out, Council will be briefed on the outcomes, which will be used to develop plans for the precinct. These plans will be circulated for comment.
If you have any queries, please contact the Community Facilities team (see contact details below).
This review will determine whether the Girrawheen Hub Precinct is meeting the needs of existing users and to identify future requirements at the site.
Community feedback will help inform the assessment which aims to:
- Identify current and predicted future levels of use to determine any required infrastructure upgrades or new infrastructure that may be needed as well as future management strategies
- Identify any issues with the facility to help create a user-friendly space with lower ongoing maintenance costs
- Establish a set of guiding principles to ensure the facility is managed and staffed efficiently
- Identify potential future uses
- Provide audited information that will identify if the facility requires renewal, rebuilding or upgrading
- Develop concept designs and cost estimates for any future required works.
Community Consultation on Final Master Plan
Public engagement period
Opened on 13 April 2021
Community survey closed
30 June 2021
Workshops with user groups
November 2021 to January 2022
Community engagement on Concept Plan
End of May 2022
Subscribe to this project
Subscribe to receive updates on Girrawheen Hub Precinct Needs and Feasibility Assessment
Name: Peter Hoole, Community Facilities Planning Officer
Contact us directly
Use our Project Enquiry online form to contact us directly with any questions or comments.
Subscribe to City news
Subscribe to receive City news including updates on projects.
Submit Your Comments
Please refer to the City's Rules of Engagement before submitting a comment.
Use the form below to submit a comment.
Shared Community Comments