COVID-19 update - Friday 7 May 2021
Information on the current transitional restrictions for City of Wanneroo facilities can be found on our COVID-19 information page. Further information
Girrawheen Hub Precinct Needs and Feasibility Assessment
Have your say on the Girrawheen Hub
The City is currently carrying out an investigation to determine if the Girrawheen Precinct is meeting the needs of user groups and other stakeholders.
We see great potential in the three facilities - the Girrawheen Library, Girrawheen Koondoola Senior Citizens Centre and Girrawheen Hub - and, together with the community, we would like to create a shared vision of its future.
We are currently seeking your input on how the Girrawheen Hub Precinct is currently used and future needs.
You are invited to participate through our community survey, meetings and workshops.
We will incorporate your advice and recommendations into our planning.
The engagement period is now open until COB 31 May 2021.
If you have any queries, contact the Community Facilities team (see contact details below).
The primary purpose of this review is to investigate and determine if the Precinct is meeting the needs of existing users and other stakeholders and future requirements.
Feedback captured through the community engagement period will help inform the assessment, which will include:
- Identifying current and future levels of use and issues, to determine the required infrastructure upgrades, new infrastructure provision and future management strategies;
- Identifying any issues with the facility so that it will provide more usable space with lower ongoing maintenance costs;
- Establishing a set of guiding principles to ensure the facility is managed and staffed efficiently;
- Identifying potential future uses;
- Providing audited information of the Girrawheen Hub Precinct that will identify if the facility requires renewal, rebuilding or upgrading; and
- Developing concept designs and cost estimates for future required works (if required).
Public engagement period (NOW OPEN)
Opened on 13 April 2021
Workshops with user groups
Community survey closes
31 May 2021
Analysis and key findings presented to Council
Community engagement on Concept Plan
Final Report to Council
Subscribe to this project
Subscribe to receive updates on Girrawheen Hub Precinct Needs and Feasibility Assessment
Subscribe to City news
Subscribe to receive City news including updates on projects.
Shared Community Comments
Contact us directly
Use our Project Enquiry online form to contact us directly with any questions or comments.
Name: Peter Hoole, Community Facilities Planning Officer
Telephone:08 9405 5670